Keto Chocolate Mint Shortbread Cookies
- 1/4 cup softened butter
- 3 tablespoons keto friendly confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar free chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon mint extract, divided
- 3 tablespoons, divided
- Preheat oven to 350
- Add butter and confectioners’ sugar to a medium size mixing bowl or stand mixer. Cream about 1 minute.
- Add in the vanilla, ½ teaspoon mint extract and 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and mix well. About 1 minute.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add flour, baking soda, and salt. Whisk together.
- Fold dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until mixture forms a dough like consistency.
- Using an ice cream scoop, place balls of dough on cookie sheet. If you like, you can flatten the cookies with a fork or let them be a bit fluffier.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the bottoms are just browned.
- In a small bowl, add the chocolate chips, ½ teaspoon mint extract and 1 teaspoon melted coconut oil. Melt in microwave in 20 second bursts until melted. Add more coconut oil, 1 teaspoon at a time, as needed to a smooth consistency.
- Drizzle the mint chocolate over the cookies. Allow the chocolate to harden.
- Store in an airtight container.
Enjoy these as a tasty cookie or fat bomb! Everyone who tries these loves them!